Welcome Spruce members to the Interior Savings family!
Following the successful vote to merge our credit unions, we are thrilled to welcome you and your fellow Spruce members as part of the Interior Savings family. Combining our teams and expertise, we will take all that is great about our two credit unions and make it even better.
What happens now
For the moment, you’ll notice little change to your banking or branch. Over time, we’ll integrate our operations, and the Spruce Credit Union name will shift to become Interior Savings. But the transition will be gradual, so that we can minimize disruption as much as possible, and we’ll keep you informed at every stage of the process.
What isn’t changing
- Accounts – You’ll still have access to your existing products, services, and accounts but you can expect better rates and fees, as well as a host of new options to come.
- Ways to Bank – For now, you’ll see very few changes to your banking experience but, as we integrate, new tools and an expanded branch network will become available to you.
- High Quality Service – After the merger, you’ll still be supported by the same smiling faces you know but with our employee training programs your experience will only be enhanced.
What to expect in the future
- Expanded service with branches across the Thompson Okanagan and in Prince George.
- Enhanced solutions with better product rates and fees.
- Greater access with our member service centre available 6 days a week for extended hours.
- More innovation with the introduction of tools like Apple, Google and Samsung Pay.
- And so much more!
If you have any questions or feedback to share, please don’t hesitate to get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
BENEFITS OF THE MERGER
Financially stronger, we will have more resources to invest in our future
A larger pool of assets will allow for greater and faster expansion of services to members and communities
Increased geographic footprint with opportunities to enter new markets
Ability for greater investment in areas such as digital and community
More career opportunities for employees within a larger organization
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our credit unions are committed to providing you with same high-quality, personal service that exists today. At the time of the initial merger, you will notice little change to your banking and you can continue to bank as you normally would.
Over time, we will integrate our systems and operations so that you will have more products and services available to you, as well as more ways and more places within BC’s Interior to connect with us, including an expanded network of 23 branches. Our goal is to minimize disruption as much as possible throughout this transition.
Your feedback is important to us!
Please share your feedback, comments and questions about the merger of Interior Savings Credit Union and Spruce Credit Union
Learn More About the Merger Transaction
In addition to the Members Guide to the Proposed Merger, we encourage you to review our Supplemental Information Package. Download it here or pick up a copy at your local Spruce Credit Union Branch. It includes a copy of the full Asset Transfer Agreement, the BCFSA letter of consent, alternatives considered, Interior Savings’ rules and profiles of the directors and executive management of the proposed combined credit union.
Attend a member information session
We welcome and encourage you to attend one of our upcoming member information sessions where you’ll have the opportunity to learn more about the proposed merger and to ask questions. These sessions will be held virtually and hosted by Spruce Credit Union’s Board Chair, Reg Foot, and our CEO, Ken Dickson.